29 May, 2018
Archery New Zealand (ANZ) is a membership based National Sporting Organisation, facilitating the sport of Archery in New Zealand from the grass-roots level up to international representation, including the Olympics.
ANZ is a voluntary organisation governed by a Board whose executive are elected from within the membership at our AGM held in January each year.
As we look to grow the sport of archery and provide additional support to our members, we require the services of a paid Administration Manager, engaged as an independent contractor.
The Board is looking to appoint a self-employed contractor for approximately 20 hours per week, initially for a two-year term. The successful individual will have previous experience in working autonomously from their own home office.
Reporting to the Executive Board, the location of the role is flexible, with the current board members spread throughout the country. Travel to quarterly face-to-face Board Meetings, normally held in Auckland, may be required.
The Administration Manager provides the administrative support for ANZ and particularly the National Secretary, undertakes a linking role between the Board, Commissions, other Board appointed roles, the members and various external stakeholders.
Skills and experience
- General administration tasks to ensure the smooth operation of ANZ including, but not limited to:
- Identify sources of potential funding and sponsorship, coordinate applications for the same in conjunction with the High-Performance Programme Manager; with the ultimate view of both positions becoming self-funded;
- Local and International tournament bookings, accommodation and flights for athletes and Board members;
- Review and development of Policies and Procedures to support ANZ operations, for approval by the Board;
- Manage ANZ’s trophies and records of their award;
- Prepare and present reports to the Board;
- Bookkeeping using Xero accounting software;
- Comfortable updating ANZ’s website and Social Media platforms;
- Require excellent communication skills – verbal and written, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks;
- Must have your own “home office” setup including computer with reliable Internet access, phone, MS Office software, printer / scanner. A working knowledge of Xero accounting software would be useful, but we can provide training.
Previous archery or sporting association experience is not necessarily required, though a good understanding of volunteer run, membership based, organisations would be beneficial.
For further information about Archery New Zealand, please visit our website www.archerynz.co.nz. For more information about this role and for a Position Description contact Callum Skeet, ANZ Treasurer on [email protected] or 0210 724 561.
To apply for this role, please send a Cover Letter and CV outlining how you will be able to support the smooth administration of Archery New Zealand, how much you expect to invoice us each month for your services, and your availability each week for this role. All applications will be acknowledged via e-mail.
Applications close on Wednesday the 6th of June.