24 March, 2023
The selection criteria for athletes vying to obtain a place for New Zealand to represent Oceania in the Recurve Mixed Team Event at the 2024 Paris Olympics has been gazetted.
This Continental Qualifying Tournament (CQT) Event will be held just prior to the Pacific Games to be held at Honoraria, Solomon Islands from 19th November to 2nd of December 2023. Archery NZ has agreed on the criteria for athletes to apply to attend this Event.
- This Event is Tier 2.
- 3x MQS scores of 620 for Men, and 600 for Women from the WA70m round (WA720) are required.
- Selection dates are from 12th January 2022 to 22nd of September 2023. The Short List of athletes to be presented to the NZOC will occur on the 2nd of October 2023.
- One of the above scores must be shot within the period 1 January to 12 July 2023.
** Archery NZ will only be able to send athletes if a mixed team is available for the competition. There is time between the 12th of April and the 22nd of September 2023 to obtain eligible MQS, so please consider putting your name forward for the Long List.
- It is NOT the CQT for Individuals to fill any Mixed Team Place obtained, which will be held in April 2024, date and place to be confirmed.
- Places gained at the CQT during the Pacific Games are for New Zealand and not for the athlete(s) that won the place.
- The selection criteria for Individual Places are currently being signed off between Archery NZ and the NZOC. Expect the criteria to be at a higher level.
Archery NZ is required to provide, by the 19th of April 2023, to the NZOC the names and contact details of athletes who wish to be considered to attend the CQT.
This is the Long List. Archers who wish to be considered for the Long List must email their intention to [email protected] by the 12th of April 2023.
By doing this they agree to provide their details to the NZOC so that the NZOC and Drug Free Sport NZ can contact them. Further details on this process will be provided.
Support personnel i.e. coach/manager(s) are also required to travel with the Team. Applications are to be sent to [email protected] by the 12th of April 2023.
The NZOC has indicated the cost per member of the team at NZD$1600 to attend the CQT, this does not include travel.
** It has NOT been confirmed that New Zealand has been invited to participate in the scheduled archery tournament at the Pacific Games in 2023.