22 April, 2020
You will no doubt be aware of the PM’s announcement and processing what that means for Archery.
- We remain in lockdown for another week
- Two weeks at Alert Level 3
- Decision on next steps on May 11
Here is a link to a summary of activity permitted at each Alert Level. This was released by Sport NZ on Saturday. https://sportnz.org.nz/assets/Uploads/Play-Recreation-and-Sport-Detailed-Level-1-4-Table.pdf
I have asked Sport NZ whether Archery can be treated like fishing, surfing and swimming at Alert Level 3, i.e. a safely distanced recreational activity (with no equipment sharing) and will advise as soon as I get a response.
At this point the advice I have a received is;
- No activity at Level 3
- Open for business at Level 2 with restrictions with track and trace protocols
- Level 1 as close to normal as we can expect for the rest of the year and probably beyond
So now we need to know what that looks like and be nimble enough to react to a Level change quickly.
The optimist in me says we need to be ready for Archery to resume (in some form) in three weeks!
Mike Thompson - General Manager