8 March, 2021
Archery NZ Tier 1 Training Squad (Compound)
Archery NZ is supporting a programme to develop our elite compound archers by the means of a National Compound Training Squad. This is a pilot programme that is an athlete driven programme and will be reviewed by the Archery NZ High Performance Subcommittee on a regular basis to determine learnings that can be shared with future squads in different archery disciplines and levels.
This squad is aimed at archers who are competitive at Tier 1 international competitions and will be used to assist them with preparation for international events such as World Cups and World Championships.
We are seeking applications from Compound Archers who meet the following criteria:
- Have represented NZ at Tier 1 International Event in the last 2 years or
- Have recent evidence of being able to shoot 660+ for Women or 680+ for Men
- Are a member of Archery NZ
- Are eligible to represent NZ at international events.
Expectations of Archery NZ Tier 1 Training Squad
Members of the training squad will be expected to:
- Attend monthly online training sessions via Zoom
- Attend monthly squad trainings sessions at Riverglade Archers in Hamilton or be at their local club/range and able to shoot with the team via online mediums
- Submit weekly scores to the Team Coach
Archers in this squad may be added or removed at any time depending on their performance. There are no guaranteed places and archers are expected to show evidence of improvement to retain their place in the squad.
This squad requires a high level of commitment and performance, therefore please only consider applying if you have the time, dedication and correct mindset to thrive in a highly competitive, performance focussed and driven environment.
If you are interested in being part of this squad, please apply via email to [email protected] detailing how you meet the criteria listed above.
Archery NZ Tier 2 Training Squad (Compound) - Expressions of Interest
If you are not yet ready to apply for the Tier 1 training squad, we are in the process of putting together a Tier 2 training squad. Initially we would like Expressions of Interest from coaches/managers who would like to support our developing compounders.