15 June, 2020
Sorry this was posted on FB last week but a technical glitch stopped it coming up on www
You will no doubt have heard that the country moves to Alert Level 1 from midnight tonight.
For us that essentially means we are back to normal while remaining ‘covid-conscious’
Contact tracing is now an individual responsibility so that ends from tomorrow as well although if you have set up a QR code or app based checkin you can still make that available to assist people in diarising their activity and attendance.
We will now be engaging the relevant people to confirm the calendar of events for the rest of the year and beyond and will advise as soon as we can.
Thanks for your support of the organisation and more importantly each other.
The Golden Rules for everyone at Alert Level 1
1. If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
2. If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
3. Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
4. Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
5. If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
6. If you’re concerned about your wellbeing, or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
7. Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
8. Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
9. Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
10. People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.