8 April, 2022
Do you know someone suitable?
Archery NZ (ANZ) is seeking applications for two Appointed Board Members to play a vital governance and oversight role in developing archery in New Zealand. At least one of these must be independent of our organisation.
Archery NZ is a small volunteer-led National Sports Organisation. Archery is an inclusive sport, and we believe it has the capacity to grow into a leading sport in New Zealand. As well as the Board of Governance, there are a number of operational committees and volunteers that support the organisation. We are currently advertising for a part-time administration position to further support operations.
The successful applicants will help ensure Archery NZ develops and supports our clubs and our members across all stages of participation, volunteering and competition.
On behalf of the key stakeholders, the Board is responsible for the stewardship and future well-being of the organisation. Board members should exercise leadership, enterprise, integrity and judgement in directing the organisation so as to provide assurance of its continuing and lasting prosperity. Our values are respect, inclusiveness, sportsmanship, celebration and excellence.
Key skills and attributes required to perform effectively in the role include:
- Prior experience as a director, trustee, or in other leadership and governance roles;
- Knowledge of and/or experience working in sporting organisations;
- The ability to see the ‘big picture’ and identify potential trends and challenges;
- A broad range of skills, ideally including some of the following: financial, legal, marketing and communications, technology, HR, and advocacy; and
- The strength of character to maintain an independent point of view when others disagree.
The following skills and attributes are desirable, but not necessary:
- Knowledge and experience of community-based programmes, commercial sponsors, and government agencies; and
- Knowledge of, and established relationships within, the sports and recreation sector.
Board meetings are generally run online through Zoom, and have been carried out monthly, though we are currently reassessing our meeting frequency.
The Board consists of five people elected from Archery NZ’s membership and two people appointed by the Board, at least one of which must be independent of Archery NZ.
The term of office is:
- One position for an appointed role until the AGM in 2024 (must be independent of Archery NZ)
- One position appointed to fill a vacancy until our AGM in August 2022
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 28 April 2022.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to Archery NZ Deputy Chairperson Andrew Russell via [email protected], 021 0292 1162.
To download this PDF in order to give to another, click here.